You can find basic tips for packing for London here.
Items to Make Sure You Pack
- Clothes for layering (it will be colder than Atlanta)
- Comfortable shoes for walking (we’ll be walking a lot!)
- I recommend two pairs that hit your feet in different places, at least one of which is water resistant
- Rain coat or poncho
- Small umbrella
- Power outlet adapters/converters (learn more here)
- Note: U.S. hair dryers, flat irons, and curling irons do not necessarily work properly when run through a UK adapter. Converters are a safer bet, but it’s generally best to avoid using these U.S.-manufactured products while overseas.
Checked Baggage vs. Carry-Ons
- Delta will allow you to check 1 bag for free (under 50 lbs); 2nd bag is $100. Learn about checked baggage regulations here.
Lost luggage happens; if you can carry-on only, I recommend it!