One of the best things about traveling abroad is the new and exciting experiences–you see new types of architecture, experience different cultures, and indulge in different cuisines. London is known for a few specific types of food that you might want to try. Its specialties include:
- Fish and chips (a giant piece of fried cod with fries)
- Meat pies (pastry filled with a meat mixture)
- Bangers and mash (sausage and mashed potatoes)
- Afternoon tea (a light meal in the late afternoon that includes tea, bite-sized sandwiches, and scones with clotted cream)
- Excellent South Asian food (Because of Great Britain’s colonial history in South Asia, it boasts some of the most authentic Indian, Bangladeshi, etc. food outside the Asian continent.)
Learn more about typical London cuisine here.